I recently wrote about the Fitbit accessories and all the different fabulous options to dress up your Fitbit Activity Tracker…And then I found out about Cuff-Smart Jewelry. Oh-muh-word all you chic fitness fashionistas you are going to be so in love with this product!
There are different pieces you can choose from with the price point starting in the $48 range. What?! Yes you read that correctly. So what does this Cuff Technology do exactly?
- Notifies you when phone goes off with text or call.
- Notifies you if you leave your phone behind somewhere.
- Tracks your activity throughout the day.
- Syncs to the Cuff App to let you know where you are with your activity goals as well as log your calorie intake.
- If you are in any danger you can simply press the cuff and it will notify your family members (or whoever you so choose) that you are in need of help as well as play audio of your location in real-time.
- As for charging, well the cuff charges in a charming little jewelry box where you can also store your Cuff accessories.
Availability is limited and items are already starting to sell out. The earliest ship dates start March 2015.
Image credit: cnet.com
Life is a gift. Remember to stop and take in the beauty that surrounds us every once in a while. Live life with passion and intention, love it, cherish it, savor it.
Check out these 9 clean desserts posted by Oxygen Magazine. They look amazing! For the recipes you can click here: Oxygen Magazine 9 Clean Desserts or the link provided below each image.
All Image credits to Oxygen Magazine.
I spend most of my days in workout clothes. I am a mom, a fitness enthusiast, and i now live in Florida. One thing I miss about the Fall weather is comfy sweaters, leggings, boots, and crisp air that compliments those looks. Here are some of my favorite Fall looks for 2014.
I love plum for this season coupled with taupe boots and the ever popular hat trend.
Flawless casual with a statement necklace to give it a little pop.
Business meeting or chic lunch outing anyone?
The clutch and fabulous heels add some sass to this muted yet classic fall look.
Adding subtle pops of red to any outfit is rarely not o.k. Excited to see fllare jeans making a bigger comeback this season.
Layering never looked so chic!
This dress is so gorgeous. I love the muted beige complimented with a colorful oversized scarf and brown boots. Totally up my alley.
Aztec print makes its way through summer and into fall fashion. Simple and pretty.
In love with this look. The red maxi, with casual tee is different and works!
Image credits: Pinterest
I will live vicariously through other’s fall fashion while I enjoy the warm Florida sun 🙂
My husband and I took a mini road trip this past weekend. On our trip we made a list of both individual goals and ‘together/family’ goals. One of our long-term goals (within 5 years) is to take a big trip.
So I need your help! Our Top contenders are:
Image credit: http://themavensplace.com
Hawaii – We have always talked about Hawaii b/c of the many different things you can do there. We enjoy relaxing by the pool and beach; however, we also like to take in the sights, go on some adventures etc…
Image credit: www.adventuresbydisney.com
Italy – The architecture and the food top the reasons we want to visit Italy.
Image credit: www.undiscoverednapavalley.com
Napa Valley – We love wine. This is one that could be a second trip within 5 years if we do a big trip. We are huge wine enthusiasts so that is obviously the reason we want to go to Napa Valley. However, we look forward to taking in California, going on bike rides, visiting some great restaurants, and staying at a charming and romantic cottage or Inn.
Image credit: http://www.topvisitplaces.com/unforgettable-spain/
Spain – To visit where my ancestors are from and take in the history, architecture, and culture Spain has to offer would be amazing.
So these are the places we have in mind. What do you think? Have you been to any? Recommendations? 🙂 Thank you friends!
Image courtesy of: http://www.freshwordsmarket.com/product/be-present
How often I catch myself; actually I don’t even catch myself, I just find myself uttering in my mind our out loud words like ‘well back when’ or ‘in a few years’, ‘soon’, ‘maybe one day’, ‘hopefully I can someday’, ‘I can’t wait for this to happen’… Some people live in the past. Some live in the future. Sadly we forget to live and enjoy the NOW. I am so guilty of this every day.
How can we move forward from our past and shape our future if we do not take the time in the present to grow, be happy, make things happen in the now. Why do we try to skip the now, the only real-time we have to live in. The past is the past and the future hasn’t even happened, yet we focus on both as if it is the only time existing in our world. We forget the now, the present. So much so that we look back at the past and say ‘I wish I would have’, ‘why didn’t I…’ It’s like a vicious circle.
What can we do to live in the now? How can we block some of that noise in our heads not allowing us to enjoy the present.
- Accept the moment for what it is. Good or bad. Just go through the moment, live it, embrace it, learn from it. Take it ALL in.
- Take the beauty of the world and your surroundings in. Stop and look around. If you are on a walk look around you. Take in the smallness and the vastness of your surroundings. Focus on the little things you see as well as the big things. Whether it is a bird flying overhead and pooping on your shoulder (I know I’m sorry I just couldn’t help myself), or the vibrant color of a flower petal. Stop and just be present with your surroundings.
- Appreciate the moment you are in right now. ‘Realizing that whether these things are great or small, you are part of that singular moment when all these things come together. When you realize you are a part of every moment that you’ve lived through, you’ll be almost there. When you stop realizing it, and just live it, you will be all the way there.’ – Wikihow
- Focus on what your are doing right now in the present. Take notice of what you are doing in this moment. Right now I am typing, drinking hot tea, and feeling inspired.
- ‘Be thankful for what is. When you find yourself wishing for something you don’t have, or wishing your life would be different, start your quest for your wish by being thankful for what is already in your life. This will bring you back to the present moment.’ – Wikihow
What does your present look like?
What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail? This is such a loaded question right? I mean if you knew you could not fail because you were guaranteed success, If you knew you could not fail because your life or a loved one’s life depended on it, If you know you could not fail because you had no other choice but to succeed?
Lets say you were guaranteed success. What would you attempt to do? What dreams would you finally chase, create, fulfill? Me? There are so many. Let’s talk success in business. I would have a brand in health and fitness. I have always been a health and fitness enthusiast so why not turn that into a brand, right? What would it take? I started a journey about 4 months ago to take my passion to the next level and create a brand. I want to be known for what I love to do when it comes to business. I still want to be known as a good mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend, person; but when it comes to business I want to be known as someone who shares her passion for health and fitness to help others reach their goals and hopefully change lives’ along the way. So far what I have learned is:
- Be patient-It will not happen overnight. This is where most people give up. If it is what you love be patient and set small goals.
- Be consistent-to build a brand you need to be consistent.
- Be passionate-If you start to burn yourself out, get stressed, or your passion starts distinguishing; it’s o.k. to take a step back, regroup and remember why you started in the first place.
- Practice what you preach-whatever it is you aspire to be or do you must practice what you are preaching. Take care of you first before trying to take care of others. They look to you as the expert so if you do not act like an expert you will not be taken seriously.
- Surround yourself with like-minded people-To be great surround yourself with greatness.
- Personal development-This is difficult for many including myself. To find the time to invest in yourself. It is however, so important. Read books and listen to podcasts and videos that empower you to grow personally and professionally.
What is your passion? Are you willing and able to take that passion and turn it into something great? If you have the mentality that you cannot and will not fail, you likely will not even while hitting those valleys.
Photo credit courtesy of Richmond Renew Me Today
1. Nutrition and Exercise – number one is by far my diet and nutrition coupled with a healthy exercise regimen. Nutrition is 80% of the reason I am fit today; 20% is the exercise. So what do I do to stay healthy and fit? I drink a nutrient dense shake everyday, balance my foods with the right balance of protein, veggies, fruits, healthy fats, and starches; as well as maintain a constant exercise routine. Sometimes I do PiYO, sometimes I follow the 21 day fix, sometimes I just take the family with me on a long walk and clean the house; the key is staying active and making sure you get at least 30 minutes of heart pumping activity into your day.
2. Fitbit – Oh my Fitbit is like gold to me. I have owned the Zip, the One and now the Fitbit flex. I have to say my favorite is definitely the Flex. I like the convenience of not having to take it off unless to charge. It’s even waterproof! I just wrote a great post on Fitbit Flex accessories to add some chicness to your flex band so check it out 🙂 Fitbit is great because it tracks your steps throughout the day, activity, and sleep. It tells you how many calories to eat based on your given activity. So you really get amazing accuracy on how many calories in vs. out. My favorite aspect is that it syncs with Myfitness Pal. They talk to each other to calculate food, exercise, etc. You only have to log food and exercise in Myfitness Pal and it will automatically sync to the Fitbit database.
3. Myfitness Pal – is an amazing tool which I have also written all about in the past. It allows you to set goals with regards to gaining. maintaining, losing weight and it tells you how many calories you need to accomplish that goal. It also tracks the nutrients in the foods you are eating to let you know if you are above the percentage for carbohydrates or fats for example on a given day.
4. Polar Heart Monitor – I am a huge advocate of wearing a heart rate monitor when doing cardio. It really will give you the most accurate number of calories burned based on how hard you work that day. You also can track your heart rate throughout your workout as well as calories burning to determine if you need to step it up or slow it down. I log my calories into Myfitness Pal and am able to see how many additional calories are in my ‘bank’. I recommend getting one with a chest strap; you will get the best results that way.
These pretty much sum up the tools I use daily to maintain a healthy lifestyle and stay fit and active. What are your go to fitness tips and tricks?
I’ve been practicing PiYO which is a fitness program which incorporates a little Pilates and a little Yoga; a fusion of the two. So why does this work so well? As mentioned above you are using Pilates to sculpt your muscles, Yoga to increase flexibility, and nonstop movement to keep your heart rate up and calories burning.
I cannot believe the results I am seeing with such a low impact program. My legs are stronger, leaner, less cellulite! My abs are starting to chisel, and my arms are just a whole new level of tone. My rear end is getting plump and pretty!
I am in love with this program. Each workout is only 30 minutes long and there are a few cardio-ish (I know that is not a word! :)) workouts thrown in which also incorporate the hybrid Pilates and Yoga practices. Oh did I mention my flexibility and balance are improving too; which I struggle with. I have never been flexible and don’t aspire to do a split in this lifetime; but it is awesome to see flexibility and balance getting better and better every week.
As for my diet; well that of course plays a big part. I eat very clean. Lean meats and veggies and balance my healthy fats, starches, and proteins, fruits, and veggies to give my body what it needs to be at its’ best.
I am happy to share any tips with you if you are looking for a program like this in your life! It truly is amazing!
My husband traveled to Italy many years ago (before he met me actually). He traveled up and down the coast and the thing he talks most about as I’m sure everyone who travels to Italy also raves about is the food! I’m not going to lie I’m jealous we were not together when he took that amazing trip. What he always says is the food in Northern Italy was vastly different from the food in Southern Italy.
So we have decided to start cooking a Northern Italian dish once every week and eventually maybe we will start trying Southern Italian cuisine. I am really excited about this new adventure! Every week we will cook new recipes and eventually put a healthy twist on them. But first we need to make the real deal in order to try to replicate the authenticity of each dish and flavor.
I have been searching for recipes online and think we might need to get a book (A good authentic Northern Italian cookbook. Any suggestions?) Here are some of the dishes I am thinking about starting with.
Bistecca Fiorentina (steak Florentine) served with Panzanella
Ossobuco with Risotto alls millines (or Risotto with saffron)
Fettuccini with Bolognese sauce, known in Italian as ragù alla bolognese
Creamy Pesto Shrimp
Sooo where to begin! Do you all have any Northern Italian favorites you want to share?
Image credits to: All Recipes, Four Seasons Hotel Milano, Golden Days In Italy, Wikipedia