What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail? This is such a loaded question right? I mean if you knew you could not fail because you were guaranteed success, If you knew you could not fail because your life or a loved one’s life depended on it, If you know you could not fail because you had no other choice but to succeed?
Lets say you were guaranteed success. What would you attempt to do? What dreams would you finally chase, create, fulfill? Me? There are so many. Let’s talk success in business. I would have a brand in health and fitness. I have always been a health and fitness enthusiast so why not turn that into a brand, right? What would it take? I started a journey about 4 months ago to take my passion to the next level and create a brand. I want to be known for what I love to do when it comes to business. I still want to be known as a good mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend, person; but when it comes to business I want to be known as someone who shares her passion for health and fitness to help others reach their goals and hopefully change lives’ along the way. So far what I have learned is:
- Be patient-It will not happen overnight. This is where most people give up. If it is what you love be patient and set small goals.
- Be consistent-to build a brand you need to be consistent.
- Be passionate-If you start to burn yourself out, get stressed, or your passion starts distinguishing; it’s o.k. to take a step back, regroup and remember why you started in the first place.
- Practice what you preach-whatever it is you aspire to be or do you must practice what you are preaching. Take care of you first before trying to take care of others. They look to you as the expert so if you do not act like an expert you will not be taken seriously.
- Surround yourself with like-minded people-To be great surround yourself with greatness.
- Personal development-This is difficult for many including myself. To find the time to invest in yourself. It is however, so important. Read books and listen to podcasts and videos that empower you to grow personally and professionally.
What is your passion? Are you willing and able to take that passion and turn it into something great? If you have the mentality that you cannot and will not fail, you likely will not even while hitting those valleys.